Department of Economics
At the Department of Economics, research and teaching are conducted in economics and business studies. Great emphasis is placed on applied science, and there is much collaboration with SLU's natural scientists. The Department teaches an agronomic economics program, a bachelor program in economics with natural resource orientation, and two master's programs in economics, as well as running a postgraduate economics program. Prioritized areas of economics are the agricultural sector's economy and environmental and natural resource economics. The research group in environmental and natural resource economics has, over the last 20 years, established itself as one of the leading groups of its kind in Sweden. Now we have the opportunity to bring in new researchers to the group and the goal is to further strengthen our profile as an internationally recognized environment for research and education within environmental and natural resource economics. Visit us at: https://www.slu.se/en/departments/economics/
SubjectThe subject covers economics with a focus on environmental and natural resource economics, within which the use of applied econometric methods is an important part.
DutiesThe senior lecturer is expected to
- develop and lead teaching in economics generally, as well as environmental and natural resource economics, at bachelor, master's, and doctoral level
- develop and lead successful research within the subject area
- contribute to the development of the doctoral program in economics, and supervise doctoral students in the subject
- develop and maintain a national and international network including researchers, businesses, and other actors
- communicate regarding ongoing research and research results
- actively apply for external research financing.
QualificationsThe applicant should
- have completed a doctorate in economics or have the corresponding scientific competence
- be scientifically skilled within the subject
- have good knowledge of English
- have demonstrated teaching skills and have taken courses in teaching and learning in higher education equivalent to approximately 10 weeks full-time studies (or acquired corresponding knowledge in some other way).
Assessment criteriaAssessment for the appointment will be based on the degree to which the candidate possesses the skills required to qualify for appointment.
In assessing the research expertise, importance will be attached to
- completed and ongoing research
- the ability to independently initiate and conduct innovative research
- experience of applying for and attracting external research grants.
- experience of planning, conducting and evaluating teaching
- experience of supervision and examination at doctoral level
- the ability to integrate research and a scientific approach in teaching.
- to develop and lead operations and personnel in an academic environment
- to communicate and cooperate
- to interact with society outside the university
- to disseminate results from research and development work.
Final date for application2019-01-06
Place of workUppsala
Form of employmentPermanet employment
Starting dateAccording to agreement
ApplicationUse the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or associate senior lecturer at SLU as guide when you fill in your application.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representativeshttps://internt.slu.se/en/my-employment/employee-associations/kontaktpersoner-vid-rekrytering/
The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) develops the understanding and sustainable use and management of biological natural resources. The university ranks well internationally within its subject areas. SLU is a research-intensive university that also offers unique degree programmes in for example rural development and natural resource management, environmental economics, animal science and landscape architecture.
SLU has just over 3,000 employees, 5,000 students and a turnover of SEK 3 billion. The university has invested heavily in a modern, attractive environment on its campuses in Alnarp, Umeå and Uppsala.
SLU is an equal opportunity employer.
Robert Hart, Professor
Caroline Carlström, Administrative officer