Senast uppdaterad: 09 juli 2019
Regardless of whether you are a researcher, police officer, investigator, museum employee, fighter pilot, dance teacher, tax expert, IT specialist or have some other government employment, there is a common set of values for the entire central government sector that is based on legislation and regulations.
Values for government employees are based on six principles:
- Democracy. All public power comes from the people.
- Legality. The exercise of public power is subject to the rule of law.
- Objectivity. Everyone’s equality under the law, objectivity and impartiality shall be maintained.
- Freedom of opinion. Swedish democracy is based on freedom of opinion.
- Respect for equal values, freedom and dignity. Public power shall be exercised with respect for everyone’s equal value and for the freedom and dignity of the individual.
- Efficiency and service. Efficiency and resource management shall go hand-in-hand with service and accessibility.
It's exciting to be able to contribute to positive social development.
Patrick Amofah, project manager at the National Agency for Public Procurement.