Your responsibilitiesDo you want to help advance leadership in international organizations working for peace?
FBA’s programme for leadership and cooperation in peace operations is recruiting a new colleague with experience in supporting skills enhancement and in conducting group development processes at senior leadership level. FBA offers targeted leadership support, group development, executive coaching, training and mentoring programmes aimed at leaders and leadership teams. We work together with the United Nations, the European Union and other global actors with the aim to strengthen their peace and security efforts. There is an ongoing dialogue with the African Union on how FBA can contribute to their leadership development. FBA’s programme for leadership and cooperation in peace operations also works with selected actors in countries such as Colombia and Iraq, where the FBA has a special mandate to support peace and security.
You will develop, plan, implement and follow up activities within this field for leaders and leadership teams. You will adapt methods and pedagogy to an international audience that is not always accustomed to work with leadership or group development. Other tasks may be included.
- A relevant academic degree, or qualifications that the employer considers to be equivalent
- Several years of relevant experience of developing leaders and leadership teams
- Longstanding relevant experience of designing leadership development activities such as workshops and programmes for individual and group development
- Documented experience of process-led group development
- Experience of working in international and multicultural contexts
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- Experience of executive responsibility and staff supervision and/or work in a leadership team
- Experience of working with executive coaching
- Good understanding and experience of working with adult education, including practical application of various pedagogical methods for adult learning
- Experience of areas related to leadership such as organizational development, behavioral science, strategic communication and staff development
- Excellent command of Swedish, both written and spoken
- Additional language skills, eg French, Spanish or Arabic
Additional informationFBA strives to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of society. We expect you to share our core values; commitment, competence, collaboration and respect.
You will be hired as a civil servant, with specialist in leadership development being your role. We want to offer you a meaningful role with highly skilled colleagues. You will be hired with a permanent contract. The employment will start in the autumn of 2019, with the exact date being negotiable. An interim trial period of six months is applied according to Swedish law.
The office is located in Stockholm. Travel may be required, both domestic and international. Level 3 security clearance is also required. Swedish citizenship is not a requirement.
Deadline for applications is August 23, 2019.
Contact informationWe politely request no contact from recruitment agencies and media sales.
Questions about the position and responsibilities: Jens Schjørlien, Head of FBA's programme for leadership and cooperation in peace operations, +46 70 344 27 65 (email@example.com)
General and practical issues: Marcus Granholm, HR business partner, +46 70-296 86 95 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Union representative: Julia Fyr, Saco-S, +46 72 239 75 94
During the summer months it may be difficult to reach us. You can expect to receive answers to any questions after August 12.