The Department of Urban and Rural Development
The department carries out education, research and external collaboration in Agrarian history, Environmental communication, Landscape architecture and Rural development. Read more at: https://www.slu.se/en/departments/urban-rural-development/
Education and research at the Division of Landscape Architecture cover the whole field of landscape architecture i.e. planning, management and landscape design.
Subject areaLandscape architecture with a specialisation in sustainable landscape management. The purpose of this appointment is to strengthen the link between today's management of urban outdoor environments, with knowledge of history, in order to meet future challenges and to contribute to increased biodiversity, adaptation to climate change and other ecosystem services, but also to ensure appropriate conditions for recreation and urban outdoor life.
DutiesThe senior lecturer will within the subject area for the position:
- develop and strengthen the education and the research field, and follow the development in society of importance to the work within the subject area landscape management
- participate in and develop cooperation within education at the division, the department and SLU and with similar subject areas at other universities nationally as well as in international networks
- contribute to the faculty's strategic development through administrative assignments at the division, the department and the faculty
- publish scientific articles, apply for external funding and supervise PhDs
QualificationsEligible for employment as senior lecturer in landscape architecture with a specialization in sustainable landscape management are those who:
- have obtained the degree of PhD in landscape architecture or in a corresponding environmental design discipline
- have demonstrated pedagogical skills in teaching at undergraduate and master's levels, including supervision of students
- have undergone a university based pedagogical education or in other ways obtained corresponding knowledge which should be equivalent to ten weeks of full-time studies
- are scientifically proficient in the subject area of the position and have shown capacity to receive external funding
- have published in journals relevant to the subject area of the position
- have good knowledge in Swedish or another Scandinavian language, and in English
Assessment criteriaAssessment shall be based on the degree to which a candidate possesses the required qualifications specified for the position. Furthermore, regards shall be paid to the degree in which a candidate possesses administrative and other skills of importance with regard to the appointment's content and duties. Assessment of the pedagogic skills will be given particular consideration.
The assessment of pedagogic skills will consider:
- experience of teaching, including planning and evaluation, in landscape architecture or corresponding disciplines
- supervision of students and examination
- ability to integrate research and a scientific approach in teaching
The assessment of scientific skills will consider:
- the applicant's ability to develop the research in the subject area of the position, for example the ability to obtain external research grants and publish in scientific journals and books
Final date for application:
Place of work:Uppsala
Form of employment:Permanent employment
Starting date:According to agreement
Application:Use the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or associate senior lecturer at SLU as guide when you fill in your application.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representatives:https://internt.slu.se/en/my-employment/employee-associations/kontaktpersoner-vid-rekrytering/
Lars Johansson, Prefekt
Denis Avdic, Faculty Adminstrative Officer