An appointment as Senior lecturer in Geoinformatics is vacant at the Department of Soil and Environment at SLU. The department carries out teaching and research on chemical, physical and biological properties and processes in soil linked to sustainable use of soil as a natural resource.
Subject areaThe subject concerns spatial and temporal analysis as well as modeling of geographical variation aiming to further understanding of the conditions and processes in soil.
DutiesThe holder of the position is expected to:
- develop and lead successful research including method developments and their applications in several soil science areas that are relevant to agricultural production and its environmental impact
- develop and manage teaching at undergraduate, Master’s and PhD level
- supervise PhD students
- develop and maintain international networks with researchers and the wider society and work across disciplines
- communicate research and research findings
- actively apply for (external) research grants
- teach in Swedish within four years of taking up the position.
QualificationsThe applicant shall:
- have a completed doctorate
- have academic skills within the subject area
- have good knowledge of English
- Have teaching proficiency.
Assessment criteriaAssessment for the appointment will be based on the degree to which a candidate possesses the skills required to qualify for appointment. In appraising the candidates, proficiency in the following will be considered:
Regarding scientific skills, the following will be taken into account:
- both completed and ongoing research
- experience of applying for and attracting external research grants
- an ability to independently initiate and conduct research.
- Regarding teaching proficiency, the following will be taken into account:
- experience of planning, conducting and evaluating teaching
- experience of supervision at doctoral level
- the ability to integrate research and a scientific approach in teaching
- pedagogic vision.
- to develop and lead activities and staff at university level
- to communicate and collaborate.
Place of workUppsala or Skara, Sweden
Form of employmentPermanent employment
Starting dateBy agreement.
Application:It is desirable that the application is written in English, because the applications will be evaluated by expert advisers both in Sweden and abroad.
For more information regarding the regulations of teaching positions at SLU, see "Appointment procedures for SLU" and the supplementing document "General assessment criteria for the appointment of teachers" which describe the assessment criteria for appointments in more detail. The documents can be found here.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representativeshttps://internt.slu.se/en/my-employment/employee-associations/kontaktpersoner-vid-rekrytering/
The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) develops the understanding and sustainable use and management of biological natural resources. The university ranks well internationally within its subject areas. SLU is a research-intensive university that also offers unique degree programmes in for example rural development and natural resource management, environmental economics, animal science and landscape architecture.
SLU has just over 3,000 employees, 5,000 students and a turnover of SEK 3 billion. The university has invested heavily in a modern, attractive environment on its campuses in Alnarp, Umeå and Uppsala.
SLU is an equal opportunity employer.
Håkan Marstorp, Prefekt
Frida Lindqvist, Fakultetshandläggare