arbetsgivarverket.se

Jobba Statligt

Doctoral Student Resource Recovery with Specialisation in Gas Purification

  • Yrkesroll

    Doktorand

  • Anställning

    Heltid, 6 månader eller längre

  • Lön

    Fast månads- vecko- eller timlön

  • Publicerad

    11 juni

  • Sök jobbet senast

    8 augusti

Om jobbet

At the Faculty of Textiles, Engineering and Business, research and education are conducted in business administration, industrial engineering and management, resource recovery, building technology, and within the textile field: design, management and technology.

The Faculty has five departments: the Department of Business Administration and Textile Management, the Department of Engineering, the Department of Resource Recovery and Building Technology, the Department of Textile Technology, and the Department of Design. The Swedish School of Textiles, as well as the two centres, the Centre for Sustainable Society Development and the Swedish Institute for Innovative Retailing/The Retail Lab, are other important elements within the Faculty. At the Faculty, there are also two research schools, in Resource Recovery and Textile and Fashion.

The Research Group on Combustion and Thermal Processes has been conducting research in pyrolysis, gasification, and the incineration of waste and renewable materials for several years and will now continue to separate CO2 from different gas streams. We are now seeking a doctoral student in Resource Recovery who will specialise in gas purification with the help of membrane reactors and algae.

Job description


The research project is multidisciplinary and will be conducted at the University of Borås. The aim is to find an efficient and competitive method of separating CO2 from gas streams.

The doctoral studentship position will devote at least 80% of time to doctoral studies and thesis work. The remaining time (maximum 20%) is for departmental duties consisting of teaching at Bachelor’s and Master’s level in relevant courses, supervision of degree projects, participation in external projects, and other assignments and/or administration.

Doctoral students are employed according to the regulations outlined in Chapter 5 of the Higher Education Ordinance.  The study period corresponds to a maximum of four years of full-time study. The first employment period covers one year and is normally renewed by one year at a time. If departmental duties are included, the doctoral education period is extended to a maximum of five years.

Qualifications


For this position, a Master's degree in chemistry or biotechnology is required, at a minimum. You should be able to communicate well in both written and spoken English. We are looking for someone with good collaboration and initiative-taking qualities, an ability to work independently and in a structured way, as well as the ability to prioritise among work tasks. 

For this position, it is a merit if you have experience of laboratory work, experience of algae, experience of membrane reactors, and knowledge of flue gas and biogas purification.

The University of Borås values the qualities that even gender and age distribution as well as ethnic and cultural diversity add to our organisation.

Contact 

Information about the position can be provided by Director of Studies Tobias Richards via telephone +46 (0)33- 435 42 07 or email at tobias.richards@hb.se. The trade union representatives are Magnus Sirhed, OFR-ST and Matilda Johansson, Saco-S; they can be reached via the university’s switchboard at +46 (0)33-435 40 00.

Type of employment: Employment as a doctoral student is according to Chapter 5 of the Higher Education Ordinance.
Employment rate: Full-time. The doctoral studentship employment focusses 80% of the time on doctoral studies; the remaining time, 20%, includes departmental duties at the Faculty of Textiles, Engineering and Business.
Start date: As agreed upon
Position location: Borås, Sweden
Reference number: PA 2021/152

Application

You can apply for the position via our website by clicking on “Apply.”

Write clearly in your application which position you are applying for and include the applicable reference number.  The following documents must be attached to your application:
  • Doctoral thesis plan, written in either Swedish or English (6-10 pages, 3000-5000 words, excluding reference list). 
  • Personal letter
  • CV
  • Master’s thesis 
  • Any other publications
After the application deadline, no additions can be made electronically.

Please submit your application at the latest by 2021-07-02.

According to the National Archives’s regulations, we must archive application documents, excluding publications, for two years after the appointment decision has been finalised.

We kindly decline contact with advertisers and staffing companies in this recruitment.

Arbetslivserfarenheter

Arbetsgivaren efterfrågar följande erfarenheter eller kunskaper

Krav
  • Doktorand

Lön

Månadslön

Lönetyp: Fast månads- vecko- eller timlön

Anställningsvillkor

Heltid/ Ej specificerat