Lunds Tekniska Högskola, LTH, är en teknisk fakultet inom Lunds universitet med forskning av hög internationell klass och stora satsningar på pedagogisk mångfald.
CanFaster- PhD Postdoctoral COFUND-MSCA-EU program, recruiting five fellows within Cancer and Entrepreneurship
CanFaster, which is co funded by EU, is a two-years post-doctoral program, within cancer research and entrepreneurship.
The program will recruit 15 fellows during three calls. The goal is to faster forward the discoveries in cancer research, to speed up the time from discovery to change in clinical practice.Lund University now offers up to 15 Postdoc positions in three calls, the first call opens October 2019, second call June 2020 and third call February 2021. The first call is for five positions, one within each specified research area as described below. You can only apply to one position. For questions regarding the call contact us at: email@example.com
CanFaster- ER project, five projects in Cancer and Entrepreneurship. An EU Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND programme. For more detailed project description and special requriments please vist www.canfaster.se
Towards precision medicine - spatial omics as a tool in immuno-oncology.
Research subject: Immunotechnology
Special requirements: PhD in immunology, cancer biology or similar. Experience in bioinformatics, immunohistochemistry and/or fluorescence imaging is a merit. See www.canfaster.se for further requirements.
Predictive immune biomarkers in cancer.
Research subject: Immunotechnology
Special requirements: PhD in immunology, cell and/or molecular biology or similar, preferably in the area of oncoimmunology/immunotherapy and in vitro cellular systems of tumor biology. See www.canfaster.se for further requirements.
Translational Cancer Genomics and BioinformaticsResearch subject: Laboratory Medicine
Special requirements PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology and/or genomics or equivalent. See www.canfaster.se for further requirements.
Functional analysis of ‘silent’ mutations in familiar breast cancer
Research subject: Clinical Sciences, Experimental Oncology
Special requirements: PhD in molecular biology, biomedicine or biotechnology. See www.canfaster.se for further requirements.
Genetic variation influencing blood cell regeneration and blood cancer risk
Research subject: Laboratory Medicine
Special requirements: Ph.D. degree in a relevant field and solid experience in cell- and molecular biology and/or functional genomics. See www.canfaster.se for further requirements.
Work dutiesThe main duties involved in a post-doctoral posistion is to conduct research. Teaching may also be included, but up to no more than 20% of working hours. The position shall include the opportunity for three weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning.
- Mobility: Maximum 12 months of residency in Sweden during the last three years from the closure of the call.
- English: Sufficient skills in written and spoken English: See canfaster.se for description of scores on accepted English test.
- PhD degree: Must be Experienced Researchers as per the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions definition. At the time of recruitment, applicants must be in possession of a doctoral degree or, if the applicant has does not have a doctoral degree and is not in the process of completing one, they should have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience as measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would allow them to pursue a PhD.
- Specific requirements: Each research subject has specific requirements on PhD subject and prior research experience.
Full eligibility criteria for the position can be found at: www.canfaster.se
Instructions on how to apply
- Applications shall be written in English. The application should be submitted though Lund University electronic application system, https://lu.varbi.com. In addition to providing documents, you will be asked mandatory questions, including the choice of research area, when submitting the application.
The application must include:
- Scanned copy of standardized English test results (GRE, TOEFL, etc.) required for all non-native English applicants.
- Scanned copies of the PhD diploma complete and official academic transcripts in English.
- CV according to instructions.
- Publication list according to instructions.
- Letter of motivation based on template provided
- Two reference letters based on template provided. The form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Referee form and name of the applicant” before the closure of the call.
All templates and further instructions can be found at www.canfaster.se
All required application material, including letters of reference, must be complete and submitted by the closure of the call to be considered. Documents written in other languages must be translated into English by an authorised translator.
Assessment criteria and evaluation processThis is a career development position primarily focused on research. The position is intended as an initial step in a career, and the assessment of the applicants will primarily be based on their research qualifications and potential as researchers. Particular emphasis will be placed on research skills within the subject.
Consideration will also be given to good collaborative skills, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Full guidelines found at www.canfaster.se
Lunds universitet välkomnar sökande med olika bakgrund och erfarenheter. Vi ser jämställdhet och mångfald som en styrka och tillgång. Välkommen med din ansökan! Vi undanber oss alla kontakter från annonsförsäljare, rekryterings- och bemanningsföretag på grund av statliga upphandlingsregler.